Youtility is looking for a dedicated Mobile Test Engineer with a passion for testing and a keen interest in all parts of the software development process. You will work alongside our Test Lead and other engineers in order to establish test plans, build automated tests and perform manual testing. You will develop a deep understanding of our app and services in order to identify potential weak points. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential. This is a role for an ambitious test engineer looking to take the next step in their career and join an experienced team, within a fast growing start-up.
This role will suit a Mobile Test Engineer looking to move into a dedicated, mobile focused role that has a high propensity to want to learn new skills and work on the bleeding edge of the best, open source tech out there.
If that doesn’t sound enough – in return you will receive a great salary, equity, an awesome working environment in WeWork offices next to Paddington Station, flexible working environment and working with a fun and ambitious team.
- Design and implement automated test plans for backend services and APIs;
- Contribute to test plans and strategy;
- Plan and implement performance tests and analyse the metrics;
- Help identify bottlenecks and bugs;
- Define and record test cases using the Gherkin language format;
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle;
- Consistently execute REST API tests (manual and automated);
- Testing of mobile applications across a myriad of platforms & devices; and
- Embrace agile software engineering practices; TDD, CI/CD etc.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- An understanding of OOP;
- Previous experience using Testing Frameworks such as: Appium, Selenium, Cucumber with Gherkin, Calabash, Postman within a mobile focussed role;
- Excellent knowledge of manual testing best practice;
- Proven ability to devise and document test plans;
- Knowledge and experience writing and deploying automated tests for front and backend;
- Experience with API testing;
- Experience writing mobile test scripts in any language, preferably Ruby or Python;
- Experience working within a fast-paced agile team;
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills;
- Understanding of micro-services and familiarity with REST API and Mobile Application testing; and
- Comfortable using SQL with an understanding of databases.