We’re looking for a dedicated Junior C# Developer with a passion for the development and designing of our backend services and data layer, on a cutting-edge Microsoft Azure based platform. You will work alongside our Lead backend developer and other engineers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design and creating quality products is essential. This is a role for a knowledgeable, ambitious engineer looking to take the next step in their career and join a dynamic, fast growing start-up.
The role will be extremely varied, you will be working on services supporting our in-house apps and external APIs, as well as helping optimise our data layer. You will have strong technical knowledge and Agile development experience. Prior work in similar or overlapping sectors is of significant benefit.
If you want to contribute to developing a disruptive platform, this is the role for you!
If that doesn’t sound enough – in return you will receive a great salary, equity, an awesome working environment in WeWork offices next to Paddington Station, flexible working environment, and join a fun and ambitious team.
- Help implement backend services and APIs;
- Help ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of services by working closely with our Lead Tester;
- Participate in building and deploying highly scalable systems in Microsoft Azure;
- Being involved at the architectural level and increasing your knowledge of technical service design;
- Work on fixing bugs;
- Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation;
- Develop code as part of a wider team, contributing to code review; and
- Embrace agile software engineering practices; TDD, CI/CD etc.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Proficient in OOP;
- Strong knowledge of C# and .Net 4/ .Net Core ecosystems;
- Experience working with SQL Server and entity framework;
- Experience developing distributed systems using Microservices (not essential, but a positive); and
- Experience working on scalable systems and automating scaling (not essential, but a positive).